It has been a while since we last discussed our ruby binding, librato-metrics, but we've been adding improvements at a steady pace. With the recent release of v1.1 we wanted to take a minute to quickly highlight some of the features we've added in recent months.
- Queue & Aggregator objects now support default sources
- Aggregator now supports custom sources per measurement
- Prefixes can be set on Queues or Aggregators to DRY up metric sets
- Both Queues & Aggregators can be merged into another Queue object before submitting to reduce network requests
- Both updating individual metric properties and deleting metrics have been significantly improved
- Annotations now have first-class support, both in submission and management
- Lots of under-the-hood goodies for streamlining network operations & improving error handling
- ...and lots more
If you're a ruby user, take a look at what else is new, we hope you enjoy it!